Monday, June 9, 2008

And Sitecore?

Yes, Sitecore.
We quickly learned that the easiest way for me to remain in Ukraine would be employment. So, with this in mind we made several trips to a local internet cafe and began posting my cv to adverts for jobs requiring English. Personally I didn't really think anything would come of this as I had no skills in either of the languages here (they speak Ukrainian and Russian as natural languages). Within a month I had an interview in Dnepropetrovsk with Sitecore and here I am. The office here in Ukraine is a base for development and support and is staffed by a collection of talented and bright people who are a credit to both Sitecore and themselves. (see I can be nice :)...
They employed me as a Technical Writer and I soon became involved in the mass of documentation that Sitecore has written. I find myself doing two jobs here.
The first is the Technical Writer job. I create, edit, proof, and publish documentation for the various sitecore products along with my colleagues in the documentation department (Alexander Kokoshyn, Mark Sinclair and John West).
The second job I do here is helping to improve the level of English language amongst the staff. I am surprised at the excellent high level of English here and most of my job in this area involves making corrections to grammar and polishing english that is already at quite a good standard. I also regularly embarras myself with my very poor russian.

No comments: